Monday, December 5, 2022

Bob McGrath ~⚰️{Death}
Robert Emmett McGrath {June 13, 1932 – December 4, 2022}

Born on June 13, 1932 in OttawaIllinois. He was named for Irish patriot Robert Emmet

Original, Longtime Resident of ‘Sesame Street,’ Dies at 90
He performed on 'Sing Along With Mitch' and was a teenage idol in Japan before spending 46 years on the iconic kids TV program
Was an American actor, singer, musician, and children's author best known for playing original human character 
Bob Johnson on the long running educational television series Sesame Street

“I had a little boy in a store one time and he grabbed my hand, I thought he had mistaken me for his father,” he recalled. “I said, ‘Hi,’ he said, ‘Hi.’ I said, ‘Do you know my name?’ He said, ‘Yeah, Bob.’ I said, ‘Do you know where I live?’ He said, ‘Sesame Street.’ … I said, ‘Do you know any of my other friends on Sesame Street? He said, ‘Oh, the number seven.’ I figure, I’m right up there with the numerals.”

He also described his “all-time favorite letter” that came to the show: “This parent wrote in and said their little 4- or 5-year-old girl had come running into their room waking them up one morning startled and said, ‘Mommy! Daddy! My pillow!’ And they said, ‘What is it?’ And she said, ‘It’s a rectangle!’ It was the discovery of her life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

CNN TV On the Edge: Moments That Shaped Our Culture

9/8c Sometimes TV is bigger than just TV. That’s the argument of a provocative four-part series subtitled “ Moments That Shaped Our Culture ...